“TRM for Executives is an absolute must for executives/ senior management who are faced with the responsibility of addressing issues of taxation in a corporation.
In my experience, as an example, when Tax Authorities perform an audit - with penalties, the valuation for the dispute could average out 3 times the original outstanding tax that was due - because corporates have simply not bothered to calclate and assess their tax risk. There is no incentive to do so as they are judged on the company's EBITA performance! “
- Daniel Erasmus
Overview of TRM for Executives:
1. The Tax Authorities' relationship
- How to build a workable relationship with Tax Authorities
- Negotiating and settling contentious tax problems
2. Your Tax Risk Profile
- What is your potential tax gap problem?
- What can you do to assess your tax risk?
- Guidance on how to address and manage your tax risk going forward
- Methodology for finalizing major tax risk problems
- Managing the assessment and settlement of tax risk areas in a multi-national corporation
Your responsibility to address taxation issues in a corporation
- How are you dealing with the variety of queries that are being addressed to your corporation from different tax offices around the country?
3. Tax Queries in your Company
- Addressing corporation tax queries
- Specific methodologies to follow in finalizing any major tax problems you have identified in your corporation
- Identifying tax risk in your company
Satisfying your investors, shareholders, partners and the Tax Authority
TRM for Executives SPOT ANALYSIS
If you can answer these questions with confidence, you DONT need to attend TRM for Executives!
- Do you know how “Sarbanes – Oxley Act” affects Tax Risk Management?
- Where do you think your greatest Tax Risk lies? ** (see below for answer!)
- What is your...
- Have you a documented tax policy/strategy?
- Do you have a Tax department?
* …Transactional Tax Risk – quantified?
* …Operational Tax Risk – quantified?
* …Compliance Tax Risk – quantified?
* …Tax Management Risk – quantified?
* …Reputational Risk?
* How good is your Tax departments communication with the rest of your organisation?
* Do they understand what your organisations REAL Tax Risk is?
** If your answer to question 2 is not Reputation , you need to attend TRM for Executives!
* Daniel Erasmus
Well-known Tax Risk Management specialist and international tax attorney from TRM Services.
Contact Gil Ferreira below OR
View the Boardroom Series Telenar and Webinar dates, world-wide on www.taxriskmanagement.com .
Tel: +27 (83) 296 4954